Looking for the perfect present for the Devon-loving family in your life? Below you’ll find my top picks of Devon gifts they can share together while you can enjoy the warm glow of knowing you’re supporting small and local businesses.
Included on my list are Devon attraction annual passes, practical gifts for families and Devon-inspired presents children will love.
Contents - jump to what you'd like to know
Devon gifts for children
Here’s some Devon gifts for children that will also inspire your adventures:
Devon colouring books
Whether you are buying for someone planning a holiday in Devon or a child who lives here in what we think is the very best place in Britain (maybe the world), they’ll love these fact-filled Devon colouring books.
There are three to choose from:
But these books now:
- The DEVON Colouring Book for Kids
- The SOUTH HAMS Colouring Book for Kids
- The DARTMOUTH Colouring Book for Kids.
All have been designed as children’s guides and activity books all wrapped up in a beautifully illustrated A5 book – perfect for popping in a bag for days out.
Even better, a donation from each sale of the Devon book goes to Devon Air Ambulance!
RRP £5.95 +P&P
South Devon & Torbay Monopoly
I absolutely adored Monopoly when I was a kid and having just introduced my children to this fast-paced property game, the appeal is still strong.
This is why I was very excited to spot that there’s a South Devon & Torbay edition. And to add to the good news, it’s supporting Rowcroft Hospice.
Buy this special edition Monopoly game from the Rowcroft website.
RRP £25 +P&P
Practical gifts for the whole family
Here’s some Devon themed gifts families can use when out and about:
Devon map picnic blankets
Picnics are an important part of any family day out. So, when in Devon, why not pop your bottom down on something pretty and practical?
These Large OS PACMAT® Picnic Blankets made in the UK by Rubbastuff make a great gift for families to use during their adventures.
There’s three Devon designs available from Rubbastuff: Dartmoor, Exeter and the South Hams (Salcombe).
Devon attraction annual passes and gift vouchers
We’ve bough annual passes for Devon attractions most years and have got a lot of value from them. It’s also a gift for the whole family that you can use throughout the year.
Here’s the places in Devon that you can get annual family membership, season tickets and experience vouchers:
- Bicton Park Gardens – annual membership
- The Big Sheep – annual membership
- Canonteign Falls – season tickets
- Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park – season passes and experience vouchers
- Crealy Adventure Park and Resort – annual passes
- Dartmoor Miniature Pony Centre – season passes
- Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies – membership and experience vouchers
- Dartmoor Zoo – annual membership
- Dartmouth Steam Railway – gift vouchers
- Exmoor Zoo – membership (not available online) and experiences
- National Marine Aquarium – gift vouchers and experiences
- Paignton Zoo – annual membership
- Pennywell Farm – season tickets
- Plymouth Snowsports Centre – gift vouchers
- Powderham Castle – season tickets
- Seaton Tramway – loyalty card and experiences
- Shaldon Zoo – annual membership and adopt an animal
- Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary – adopt a donkey
- Stuart Line Cruises – gift vouchers
- The Milky Way Adventure Park – annual membership (available when park reopens)
- Wildwood Escot – membership and experiences
- Woodlands Family Theme Park – annual membership and gift vouchers
- The World of County Life – annual membership
If you’re want to buy a day out as a Christmas present for a family then check out my post about Christmas events in Devon. I update it every year.
Know about an attraction offering membership or gift vouchers not mentioned here? Get in touch!
Devon theatre gifts and gift vouchers
Many Devon theatres offer gifts, memberships and gift vouchers. Here’s the ones I’ve spotted:
- Exeter Corn Exchange – gift vouchers
- Northcott Theatre – membership
- Plymouth Pavilions – gift vouchers
- Queens Theatre, Barnstaple – name a seat
- The Theatre Royal, Plymouth – membership
Know about a Devon theatre offering membership or gift vouchers not mentioned here? Get in touch!
Devon with Kids is all about experiences but I can’t help but give a nod to other small businesses that are part of the Made in Devon campaign.
It champions businesses and makers from Devon who buy from and support other local businesses.
In Made in Devon’s Christmas guide you’ll find food, drink, clothing, art and personalised gifts.
Download the 101 Days out in Devon with kids ebook
Grab your copy of this guide to family-friendly things to do across the county, from coast to coast, in the cities, on the moors and whatever the weather.