Wet and wild water parks in Devon for families
Whether you are looking for a wet and wild day out to satisfy the adventurers in your family, a splash park for tiny tots or an outdoor swimming pool with a view, here’s your guide to water parks in Devon. Where will you take an alfresco dip?
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19 not all water parks and swimming pools are open. Those that are open will be operating a little differently. Booking may be necessary and social distancing measures will be in place. Please check with each business before you visit to avoid disappointment.
Outdoor water parks in Devon
Here’s the outdoor water parks in Devon where you can find flumes, water sports, swimming lakes and giant inflatable obstacle courses:
- Splashdown Quaywest in Paignton, South Devon – open from 1 May 2021
- North Devon Wake Park, Bideford, North Devon – open now on selected dates
- The Ultimate Adventure Centre, Bideford, North Devon
- River Dart Country Park, Ashburton, South Devon – open from 1 May 2021
Indoor water parks in Devon
Don’t fancy a dip in the great outdoors? Here’s some indoor fun pools with flumes and water features:
- Finlake Falls, Newton Abbot, South Devon – open from 12 April 2021. Check booking and availability with the holiday park
- Waves Leisure Pool, Torquay, South Devon – open from 12 April 2021. Pre-booking essential
Outdoor swimming pools in Devon
Nothing beats swimming in the open air. And if it’s a heated pool even better. Below is a list of where to find outdoor swimming pools in Devon.
Be aware that numbers may be restricted in 2021 and booking systems are likely to be in place. Check for updates on each pool’s website.
- Shoalstone Pool, Brixham, South Devon – target reopening date 21 June 2021
- Topsham Lido, Topsham, Exeter – open from 17 May 2021
- Ashburton Pool, Ashburton, South Devon – open from 28 May 2021
- Chagford Pool, Newton Abbot, South Devon – open from 7 June 2021
- Teignmouth Lido and Mount Wise swimming pools, Plymouth – TBC May 2021
- Kingsteignton Swimming Pool, Newton Abbot – open from 24 April 2021
- Dartmouth Outdoor Pool, Dartmouth, South Devon – TBC in 2021
- Buckfastleigh Open Air Pool, Buckfastleigh, South Devon – open from 29 May 2021
- Moretonhampstead Community Swimming Pool, Moretonhampstead, South Devon – TBC May 2021
- Chudleigh Swimming Pool, Chudleigh, South Devon – open from 1 May 2021
- Westward Ho! Rock Sea Pool, Bideford, North Devon – always open
- Bovey Tracey Swimming Pool, Bovey Tracey, South Devon – open from 24 April 2021
- Clyst Hydon Swimming Pool, Cullompton, East Devon – TBC
- Cornwall House Outdoor Pool, Exeter – open from 3 April 2021.
Splash parks in Devon
Toddlers and tots love a splash park! Here’s where you’ll find water pads, children’s paddling pools and splash parks around Devon:
- Victoria Park Pool, Bideford, North Devon
- Decoy Country Park in Newton Abbot, South Devon
- Paddling pool at Woodlands Family Theme Park, Dartmouth, South Devon (this is park of the theme park)
- Splash pad at Crealy Adventure Park & Resort, Exeter (this is park of the theme park)
- St Thomas Splash Park, Exeter
How about Devon beaches?
Planning a wet day out in Devon? Why not save this post about splash parks, swimming pools and water parks in Devon on Pinterest?