Wet and wild water parks in Devon for families
Whether you are looking for a wet and wild day out to satisfy the adventurers in your family, a splash park for tiny tots or an outdoor swimming pool with a view, here’s your guide to water parks in Devon. Where will you take an alfresco dip?
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19 not all water parks and swimming pools are open yet. Those that are open will be operating a little differently. Booking may be necessary and social distancing measures will be in place. Please check with each business before you visit to avoid disappointment.
Outdoor water parks in Devon
Here’s the outdoor water parks in Devon where you can find flumes, water sports, swimming lakes and giant inflatable obstacle courses:
- Splashdown Quaywest in Paignton, South Devon
- North Devon Wake Park, Bideford, North Devon
- The Ultimate Adventure Centre, Bideford, North Devon
- River Dart Country Park, Ashburton, South Devon
Indoor water parks in Devon
Don’t fancy a dip in the great outdoors? Here’s some indoor fun pools with flumes and water features:
- Finlake Falls, Newton Abbot, South Devon – open to holiday park residents only
- Waves Leisure Pool, Torquay, South Devon – currently closed
Outdoor swimming pools in Devon
Nothing beats swimming in the open air. And if it’s a heated pool even better. Below is a list of where to find outdoor swimming pools in Devon.
Be aware that many of these are community-based outdoor swimming pools run by volunteers and have been unable to reopen for the 2020 summer season. Check for updates on each pool’s website.
- Shoalstone Pool, Brixham, South Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Topsham Lido, Topsham, Exeter – closed for 2020 season
- Ashburton Pool, Ashburton, South Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Chagford Pool, Newton Abbot, South Devon
- Teignmouth Lido and Mount Wise swimming pools, Plymouth
- Kingsteignton Swimming Pool, Newton Abbot – closed for 2020 season
- Dartmouth Outdoor Pool, Dartmouth, South Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Buckfastleigh Open Air Pool, Buckfastleigh, South Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Moretonhampstead Community Swimming Pool, Moretonhampstead, South Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Chudleigh Swimming Pool, Chudleigh, South Devon
- Westward Ho! Rock Sea Pool, Bideford, North Devon
- Bovey Tracey Swimming Pool, Bovey Tracey, South Devon
- Clyst Hydon Swimming Pool, Cullompton, East Devon – closed for 2020 season
- Cornwall House Outdoor Pool, Exeter – closed for 2020 season
Splash parks in Devon
Toddlers and tots love a splash park! Here’s where you’ll find water pads, children’s paddling pools and splash parks around Devon:
- Victoria Park Pool, Bideford, North Devon
- Decoy Country Park in Newton Abbot, South Devon
- Paddling pool at Woodlands Family Theme Park, Dartmouth, South Devon (this is park of the theme park) – pool currently closed, but the theme park is open
- Splash pad at Crealy Adventure Park & Resort, Exeter (this is park of the theme park)
- St Thomas Splash Park, Exeter
How about Devon beaches?
Planning a wet day out in Devon? Why not save this post about splash parks, swimming pools and water parks in Devon on Pinterest?